Player Made Deals

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Iron bubble
Premium Donator

Re: Player Made Deals

Post by Iron bubble » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:10 pm

Exigence wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:58 am MORAL OF THE STORY HERE IS TO PLAY THE GAME. AVOID THE LOGS AND SCAM PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE THE ABLILITY TO PROVE IT! GET RICH MY FRIENDS!
Remembering this for my next risk fight >:)
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

Iron bubble
Premium Donator

Post by Iron bubble » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:12 pm

Nazuths wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:25 am
Ahmed elrahi wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:14 am
Nazuths wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:00 am I'm not sure where this "clearly" keeps coming from, how is it so clear to everyone what happened? The screenshots seen prove nothing, aside from that there's been no proof. Why is everyone so biased when it comes to Arrsenic? Where's video proof of what happened, proper screenshots of the risk fight agreement (full chats)? I can't believe we're arguing based on something that everyone's so convinced of happened, when there's no shred of evidence that supports it? What exactly has the logs shown? How is everyone so certain the logs indicate foul play in any way? I'm confusion.

Cesare Nazuths out.
As I previously stated cringe nazuths (did I spell that right?) the proof has been sent to the people that deserve to see the proof in the report a player section. It’s not any business to the public.

Everyone arguing this was a pure witness to the event whether watching my stream on discord or at edgeville for the risk and the stated agreement.

Don’t come to me about “biased”. If the roles were reversed and I was the one that scammed then your mental anger radar would explode and you’d have my house swatted.

Keep this discussion on topic or don’t reply. Thanks.
I must've forgot this topic isn't about Arrsenic, probably got sidetracked by all the people saying he should get banned for what he did. My bad. 5-1.
The clearly comes from the fact that there was literally 10-15 witnesses, and logs would prove Vinny's case. Don't get sidetracked though. 8-0.
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:17 pm

Iron bubble wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:12 pm The clearly comes from the fact that there was literally 10-15 witnesses, and logs would prove Vinny's case. Don't get sidetracked though. 8-0.
10-15 witnesses with jack shit of proof, innocent until proven quilty i thought.

Iron bubble
Premium Donator

Post by Iron bubble » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:20 pm

That's the thing, logs will prove he's guilty.

The discussion is whether they should be used as the burden of proof is on the players as per "Player made deals".

The fact is PMD is flawed and shouldn't be used for pvp, you can loophole it easily. For services its fine.
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

Ahmed elrahi
Donator

Post by Ahmed elrahi » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:32 pm

Ayeno1 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:07 pm Why don't we just make the evidence public? Then we can have a discussion.
Guess people will say those on the report will get swayed by public opinion - (which I doubt will)
Because report a player section is private for a reason

This thread was also created to discuss PMD. not a public report thread to attack players.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:24 pm

Iron bubble wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:20 pm That's the thing, logs will prove he's guilty.
Just for my own curiosities' sake, what do you guys think the logs will show that will prove something specific?

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:52 pm

:jiggly: thought process:

❌ Write essay
❌ Reply to 20 quotes in 1 post
✔️ Invite anyone who wants to pick this issue apart with me to a future potcast

I'm learning.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:13 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:52 pm :jiggly: thought process:

❌ Write essay

I'm learning.
I can still catch a train for a pot cast tonight but ur gonna need to reply fast :kekw:

Aresti1
Honor Player

Post by Aresti1 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:15 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:13 pm
Rapsey wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:52 pm :jiggly: thought process:

❌ Write essay

I'm learning.
I can still catch a train for a pot cast tonight but ur gonna need to reply fast :kekw:
:kekw:

Jousi
Premium Donator

Post by Jousi » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:00 pm

The screenshots Tayron posted seem to back his claim that Arrsenic scammed by dropping 1T before Tayron could claim it after a won fight. I say "seem" because I want to be absolutely sure. The rules as they now stand don't prohibit such.

However, there's the legal side of this then there's the spillover. By spillover I mean that Arrsenic and Tayron are PKers and things will undoubtedly turn quite ugly. If Arrsenic isn't punished (which he won't be under the current rules), then the ripple effect will be one of persistent, low revenge. However, I also think that even if Arrsenic was punished there would still be retaliations. And because our community is so small and we have yell channel, the people who have to bear it are mostly those who don't want to have anything to do with it and it will be in your face all the time: the people with a stake in it won't mind the chaos.

Since the large question here is how to deal with situations like these, I agree that people should use middleman to completely ensure that their risk fights are enforceable. It's a nice and neat system, but people don't want to file applications just to engage in ordinary activity like PKing. There are things like the flow of gaming to be considered. I'm also not a big fan of people who say that getting scammed is your fault because you didn't follow some protocol, however well intended. The accusation may be true in the abstract, but when you're playing a game, scumbaggery scales accordingly. It's not rape or murder, but scamming or some other crap.