Player Made Deals

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
The underdog
Premium Donator

Re: Player Made Deals

Post by The underdog » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:17 am

Does the 'our' in "Our wilderness" include Juze? :copium:
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Aresti1
Honor Player

Post by Aresti1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:21 am

Arrsenic wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:13 am yes im gonna act cocky and arrogant because you people only respect that type of human, not the human that i wanted to be within this community, ill make sure to keep your lives hell game-wise(you'll never enter Our wilderness without getting slapped) because it brings me and my friends entertainment.
Cringe.... and lack of self-awareness

Iron bubble
Premium Donator

Post by Iron bubble » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:23 am

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Aresti1 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:21 am
Arrsenic wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:13 am yes im gonna act cocky and arrogant because you people only respect that type of human, not the human that i wanted to be within this community, ill make sure to keep your lives hell game-wise(you'll never enter Our wilderness without getting slapped) because it brings me and my friends entertainment.
Cringe.... and lack of self-awareness
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:41 am

Rapsey wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:52 am We've had this conversation before so I'm sure most of you know where we stand on this but anyway, to summarize:

This isn't a disagreement about whether there should be legal protection against scams. Everyone agrees there should be. The only thing opinions differ on is what should be covered.

Some are of the opinion that absolutely everything should be subject to legal enforcement. There are no limits, there is no structure. Absolutely anything another player says to you is fair game. If they said anything that wasn't true or misled you in any way, and you have a screenshot, then they should be punished.

Others like myself believe that a legal system which forces people to tell the truth at all times or face punishment, not just within well-defined areas but in all their interactions with other players, is deeply disturbing. That's certainly not how we do things in real life, aside from some of the darkest chapters in our history. This is the stuff of Black Mirror episodes.

So instead of an oppressive system where everything you say is forced to be honest, we have a libertarian opt-in system where two people can choose to enter a legally binding agreement. That way we can have our safety without necessarily turning the server into a hellscape where you can report your neighbour for lying to you or breaking their word.

Of course I also think it's a shame when people still choose to enter into informal, unprotected agreements that rely solely on trust and then get scammed. Of course my moral impulse is also to punish the scumbag. But there's a reason I resist the urge to grab my pitchfork, and I hope I was able to lay it out in this post. Because I don't want to live in a world where I have to be honest at all times or else, and I think neither do most of you.

That being said, I do support taking steps to improve the situation. For example by simplifying the current system and bringing it from the forums to the game. I suspect if setting up your risk fight agreement was as simple as clicking through the duel arena interface, most people would start using it.
He's gonna get away with it again isnt he... This isn't a court of law its a fucking video game server, Jesus Christ he obviously scammed someone and its not the first time either.

Arrsenic
Premium Donator

Post by Arrsenic » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:06 am

Arrsenic wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:22 am
Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:19 am
Arrsenic wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:16 am

Nah, we're staying on this one, i want to show the game that these MORONS ARE NOTHING BUT A WOLFPACK, that hunts smaller packs \ individuals. ive been ruined before by them for an Honest mistake, not gonna let them spoil the game for longer.

Discuss the rule and PMDS on diff thread.
time and time again you scam for pixels, you ruin any creditability you have for 1T when you've got 200? you're lame my guy, prior to entering wild you showed him 1T tickets, maybe you dropped them? im sure staff could easily check. either way yet again you prove you should be IP banned.
https://streamable.com/mtim4q Did i drop my tickets or my apron here ? might aswell get the herd to make a thread about that, and get the game to believe it.

#Free
“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”

Ahmed elrahi
Donator

Post by Ahmed elrahi » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:07 am

The staff team obviously aren’t pkers, most of us know this. There are too many loopholes in their rules that players just take advantage of because they know they’ll get away with it. It’s crazy to me that a single player can repeatedly use this loophole with no repercussions.

When you’re in the heat of the moment risking more money than 75% of the player base has in their bank in a single wilderness fight, no one in their right mind would think to go to forums and make a “player made deal”. Especially players that have been in the RSPS community for 10+ years. Because these rules DO NOT EXIST on other servers.

This server is very very flawed in the aspect of risk fighting. As others have mentioned in any other game whether it is RS related or not, an offense like this would receive punishment. Whether it’s the victim getting what is owed to them or the defendant getting punished.

But what punishment can happen to a player that basically holds the entire servers economy, one that has done this particular loophole scam multiple times? Who’s to say he hasn’t xferred all of
his wealth to an alt so a punishment wouldn’t effect him anyways?

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:13 am

Ahmed elrahi wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:07 am The staff team obviously aren’t pkers, most of us know this. There are too many loopholes in their rules that players just take advantage of because they know they’ll get away with it. It’s crazy to me that a single player can repeatedly use this loophole with no repercussions.

When you’re in the heat of the moment risking more money than 75% of the player base has in their bank in a single wilderness fight, no one in their right mind would think to go to forums and make a “player made deal”. Especially players that have been in the RSPS community for 10+ years. Because these rules DO NOT EXIST on other servers.

This server is very very flawed in the aspect of risk fighting. As others have mentioned in any other game whether it is RS related or not, an offense like this would receive punishment. Whether it’s the victim getting what is owed to them or the defendant getting punished.

But what punishment can happen to a player that basically holds the entire servers economy, one that has done this particular loophole scam multiple times? Who’s to say he hasn’t xferred all of
his wealth to an alt so a punishment wouldn’t effect him anyways?
Amen, my brother Ahmed Elrahi. 🙏 crhist on my shoulder

Ahmed elrahi
Donator

Post by Ahmed elrahi » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:14 am

As my suggestion for a fix to this scenario, I will use examples from a very popular and successful server that is solely based around pking.

#1: make a risk fighting zone- Clan wars- once a players crosses the ditch he is instantly redskulled and his risk is displayed in public chat. “I am currently risking 100b” there is no dropping or trading items once you are across the ditch. What you bring across the ditch is what you risk

#2: make ::redskull instantly state your risked amount in Public chat

#3: add a ::risk command usable in wildy that states your risked amount in public chat

#4: use perfectly reliable screenshots to enforce punishment/reimbursement for scammed players. There is absolutely no reason that screenshots aren’t sufficient evidence. That’s pure laziness on the staff team. If you wish to be a moderator+ then be willing to do moderator+ work. On a server with a player base of ~100 there isn’t much investigating/reports to deal with that would take up too much time.

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:23 am

Wait so was it vinny on tayron's acc or tayron was on his account highrisking?
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:25 am

Is there a video of what happened or is there just 2 screenshots completely out of context? Also what happened to the use of a middleman? I'd like to believe anyone risking "more money than 75% of the player base has in their bank" would be cautious enough to get a middleman. I'm also curious who fought on Tayron's account, can't imagine Tayron doing a risk fight of this size. I wouldn't care how many witnesses there were cause the people witnessing the fights would do anything to take Arrsenic down, either provide some proper proof or let's continue our day.

Put some of this energy to better use instead of creating a witchhunt.