Player Made Deals

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Sorazery
Premium Donator

Re: Player Made Deals

Post by Sorazery » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:48 pm

Nazuths wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:30 am Support for adding a new 'Middleman' rank to the game, only given out to a set of trusted players. Details to the rank can be discussed later ig.
mvpranger, juntow and me are valid candidates i reckon

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:12 pm

Nazuths wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:30 am Support for adding a new 'Middleman' rank to the game, only given out to a set of trusted players. Details to the rank can be discussed later ig.
Screaming at the top of my lungs here, this is the simplest solution Image
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:47 pm

Middleman rank is a bandaid just giving us another ugly rank. The risk fighting issue isn't really a thing, almost only applies to cash only fights because dropping anything else would make your stuff show up.

We already tackled pmd scamming of services with the thread.
This leaves risk fighting and duel arena which don't have a proper solution due to their nature of short fights in quick succession with varied terms.

Risk fighting is almost only done by veteran players, they probably know the game mechanics. I'm always skeptical with cash because of its drop to refund box nature. We can make it so any item dropped in wilderness goes to spawn instantly, cash included. Then you trade your opponent in wild to be sure he can't get rid of the items. But if you are smart you get a middleman.

Then only duel scamming which is also allowed in current rules remains. We can solve this by a preset duel where you can only stake equal amounts of value and its whip only auto attack.
Use that or be at risk of being scammed.

Also, clown emoji pls.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:21 pm

Lykos wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:12 pm
Screaming at the top of my lungs here, this is the simplest solution Image
It's not a good idea. Several people have pointed out that the person who is accused of scamming in this case is a former moderator, which is a role that requires as much or more trust than this middleman rank would, and has done things in the past that people have considered to be a breach of that trust.

It only ever takes choosing 1 bad person to give the role, who then misuses it once, to permanently affect peoples trust of that person and that role.

A better solution would be a risk fight interface, or just using the duel arena.

Raj
Premium Donator

Post by Raj » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:48 pm

If people list off all the reasons you don't use duel for risk fights I'll fix them. No points awarded for "inventory space for staked items" and "enchanted comp/custom effects" because I'm on it already

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:50 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:48 pm If people list off all the reasons you don't use duel for risk fights I'll fix them. No points awarded for "inventory space for staked items" and "enchanted comp/custom effects" because I'm on it already
Risk fights are almost never done as deathmatches. So a given risk fight might have 3-4 instances of people tabbing and regearing before someone wins the risked items. Duel arena is a dm by default.

Raj
Premium Donator

Post by Raj » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:51 pm

Iron adam wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:50 pm
Raj wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:48 pm If people list off all the reasons you don't use duel for risk fights I'll fix them. No points awarded for "inventory space for staked items" and "enchanted comp/custom effects" because I'm on it already
Risk fights are almost never done as deathmatches. So a given risk fight might have 3-4 instances of people tabbing and regearing before someone wins the risked items. Duel arena is a dm by default.
So there should be a duel rule to allow tabbing for a draw? Then it's on the players to decide when they'd like to stop using it, say after a few tabs. Best I've got.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:55 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:51 pm
So there should be a duel rule to allow tabbing for a draw? Then it's on the players to decide when they'd like to stop using it, say after a few tabs. Best I've got.
There should also be an ability to back out without losing your risk after a given number of tabs. Lots of risk fights end with no one winning because one person gets bored/scared/whatever. This is what one of the parties is claiming in this case. That after the first few tabbed fights, they were no longer a willing participant in a risk fight (without clearly stating that).

Raj
Premium Donator

Post by Raj » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:57 pm

Iron adam wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:55 pm

There should aso be an ability to back out without losing your risk after a given number of tabs.
What I meant by "they decide when they'd like to stop using it" is like, when they go each time to the duel menu, assume they won't have to re-stake their items, but they will have to choose the rules. At that point they choose if they'd like to allow tabs for the upcoming stake. I think you're thinking more of like an ongoing link between two players, which would suck to implement.

There is some chance of people tabbing and not fighting without the tab rule on, but then you just know not to risk fight those people.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:59 pm

Don't bother making anything like this instead invest it in a duel preset which has 1000x more use and prevents 1000x more scams. Risk fighters will still opt for wildy just for the thrill of it.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18